Europe is ready for advanced biofuels – hear from the experts in Stockholm
The Swedish Bioenergy Association (Svebio) is organizing the 5th Advanced Biofuels Conference on September 17-19, 2019, in Stockholm. The event will provide you with the latest on renewable fuels, novel technologies and what is going on in biofuels policy and new production. Meet the leading actors, experts, and companies from around the world.
Europe is ready for advanced biofuels and Sweden has set a course for net-zero climate emissions in the transport sector by 2045. The EU has decided on levels for advanced biofuels but has limited crop-based biofuels up to 2030. All this changes the conditions for future investments. The conference gives you insights on how the goals can be achieved.
There is a wide range of new technologies and projects. But will these be realized and will we be able to reverse global warming and at the same time develop the transport sector?
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- About 170 international delegates from over 20 countries who will converse about current status for biofuels in politics, policy, transportation, climate benefit, and sustainability.
- 30 renowned international speakers that will share the latest updates and experiences on state-of-the-art technologies, current projects and multi-million EUR investments in bioeconomy and biorefineries.
- Top behind-the-scenes study visits on 17 September to RISE’s advanced processes research centre in Södertälje and Scania’s Production Facility for heavy-duty vehicles.
- Workshop on policy, institutional framework and the role of the financial sector for deployment and upscaling of biorefineries for large scale biofuel production – what is needed to propel the development?
- Packed conference days on transportation biofuels for road, rail, shipping, and aviation including also special biofuels like liquefied biogas LBG), bioethanol ED95, biomarine, and sustainable aviation fuel.
- Panel discussions on the new climate policy and proposals for advanced biofuels.
WHAT IS HOT AND NEW, WHAT ISSUES WILL BE ADDRESSED?
- The transportation fuel market is changing rapidly in Sweden and Europe. Nordic companies such as SunPine, Neste, RenFuel, SCA, PyroCell, St1, Preem and Södra are investing in new production. Experts and leading companies will present their news and expertise.
- Reduction obligation quota policy provides the direction for phasing out fossil fuels. But what is the market effect on high-blend biofuels? How should we reach fossil-free transport with the existing market?
- What does the EU cap on crop-based biofuels and palm oil phase-out mean in reality? What happens in the US, Canada, and Asia?
- Bio-based fuels for aviation and shipping, how will this change the industry and travel? How much will be available and how should will these be introduced to society as a whole?
Come, listen, discuss and understand how this affects all players in transport, environment, and climate!