All subjects
Heat & Power

Chinese company to build biomass power station in Guinea-Bissau

Government of Guineau-Bissau signs deal with Shenyang Lan Sa Trading Co to build biomass power plant.

The Macauhub has reported that the government of Guinea-Bissau has recently signed an agreement with China-based Shenyang Lan Sa Trading Co Ltd, for the construction of a biomass power plant to supply the cities of Bissau and Mansoa in the centre of the West African country.

Under the agreement, the Chinese side is committed to producing an unspecified amount of rice, of which 67 percent will be for consumption and the remaining 33 percent for the power station.

According to Xuguang Li, President of Li Xuguang, Shenyang Lan Sa Trading Co Ltd, the signing of agreement is the culmination of five years of studies conducted by his company on the feasibility of the project.

Rui Nene Djata, Minister of Agriculture, Republic Guinea-Bissau has said that the deal comes in response to a call by the President of the Republic, José Mario Vaz, to intensify rice production to ensure food self-sufficiency in Guinea-Bissau.

In 2012, Shenyang Lan Sa Trading signed a series of agreements with the government of Guinea-Bissau to build social housing, an industrial complex in the capital, rehabilitation of a cotton factory in Bafata and construction of water collection and distribution facilities in Bissau.



Most read on Bioenergy International

Get the latest news about Bioenergy

Subscribe for free to our newsletter
Sending request
I accept that Bioenergy International stores and handles my information.
Read more about our integritypolicy here