Austria-headed international technology group Andritz AG (ANDRITZ) has announced the successful start-up of state-of-the-art and environmentally leading pulp production and chemical recovery technologies for Klabin’s Puma II line in Ortigueira, Paraná, Brazil.
Please reload the page
Do you want to read the whole article?
- Six editions per year
- Full access to all digital content
- The E-magazine Bioenergy international
- And more ...
Klabin S.A. is the biggest paper producer and exporter of paper for packaging in Brazil and is the only company offering one-stop-shop solutions in hardwood, softwood, and fluff pulp, and the leader in corrugated board packaging and industrial bags.
We are very satisfied with the way we were able to manage and finish the project and start our key equipment for the Puma II line together with ANDRITZ, despite the hardships of the COVID-19 pandemic, said Pablo Cadaval, General Mill Manager of Klabin’s Puma Unit.
The scope of supply included:
- A wood processing plant with debarking and chipping line, which can process both eucalyptus (350 m3 sob/h) and pine (400 m3 sob/h), meaning that a log truckload of wood is emptied onto the line every ten minutes.
- A HERB recovery boiler, which has a capacity of 3 300 tds/d with high steam parameters of 103 bar(a) and 502°C to maximize power generation. It is equipped with the autonomous Smart sootblowing control solution that combines Smart sensors (HEWI) and controls to ensure the cleanability period, higher availability of the boiler, as well as greater operating safety.
- A power boiler based on EcoFluid bubbling fluidized bed (BFB) technology with a steam production capacity of 220 t/h. It is combined with the recovery boiler to form a “boiler island”, and some of the auxiliary equipment is shared between the two boilers. This provides savings in investment and operating costs.
- A complete white liquor plant consisting of a recausticizing plant (5 000 m3/d) and a LimeKiln (450 t/d) with a multi-fuel burner.
The excellent business relationship between ANDRITZ and Klabin was once again confirmed when the Puma II Eukaliner production line started up successfully during the fourth quarter of 2021, almost on schedule regardless of the worldwide pandemic.
Klabin, along with its partners, has extensive expertise in creating solutions that contribute to the processes of pulp and packaging paper production. ANDRITZ is one of the great examples, which – besides being fundamental to the entire production area – also proves to be a reference in optimizing processes, with cutting-edge technology, remarked Francisco Razzolini, Director of Industrial Technology, Innovation and Sustainability at Klabin.